Dissecting 5 Motivational Quotes About Change and Opportunity (New Years Resolution Food for Thought)
With the new year coming up, many of us will be making vows to change a bad habit or behavior for our new years resolution. The world’s greatest achievers throughout history all share one thing in common: they do not fear change. Change to the worrier is nothing more than an unwelcome end. Change to a dreamer is a new door opening.
Here are some great motivational quotes about change and why I find them significant to success:
- Esmeralda Santiago: “How can you know what you’re capable of if you don’t embrace the unknown?” We often make the mistake of believing we have nothing to learn. Without curiosity about new things you will never know what you are missing. Looking forward to learning is a great motivator for those with inherent curiosity.
- Alan Watts: “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” When people are faced with change and feel nothing but fear and resentment they cut themselves off from possibility. Change is scary, but it is also often opportunity. Being open to change and diving in without fear is the only way to discover if something is right for you or not.
- Jodi Picoult: “Maybe who we are isn’t so much about what we do, but rather what we’re capable of when we least expect it.” The ability to think on your feet and to trouble shoot when things don’t go your way is an important aspect of life. Motivation is not possible without believing you are ready, no matter what.
- Tony Robbins: “If you’re gonna make a change, you’re gonna have to operate from a new belief that says life happens not to me but for me.” Believing the universe is on your side is one of the most basic ways of believing you are meant to succeed. The view that things are out of your control and that you cannot change your own path is the best way to accept failure and do nothing to change it.
- Barbara Pletcher: “The real winners in life are the people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better.” Staying motivated is easier when you believe you can do better, or make the most out of a bad situation. It will prepare you to face everyday with the belief that you will succeed.
They might not be the most well known quotes, but each one makes it clear that the ability to change, take control of situations and constantly strive to improve are at the heart of success and motivation.
Doug Dvorak is a motivational sales specialist available for conferences, events and seminars. Visit www.dougdvorak.com to learn more about his motivational speaking programs.