10 Ways Hiring a Motivational Speaker Pays for Itself
In the words of the great Kobe Bryant: “Dedication sees dreams come true.” Whether or not you are into the game of basketball, a talent like Bryant’s was attention-getting, engaging, inspiring and motivating to anyone who witnessed it.
But what drives that level of dedication? What pushes someone like Bryant to keep striving to reach a higher and higher level of performance?
The obvious answer is motivation. Imagine how well your employees would perform if they were motivated to get better every time they came into work.
Admittedly, a lot of that kind of single-mindedness must come from the employee themselves but even an athlete like Bryant had coaches who were able to pull more out of him than perhaps he would have been able to do on his own.
Not only will the right motivational speaker provide your workers with the impetus to do better at their jobs day in and day out, but they will also give them the tools they need to take a more proactive role in their personal lives.
Research has shown that engaging an effective motivational speaker can easily pay for itself through increased employee morale and a greater willingness to commit to reaching goals set by the whole team.
To be successful in this rapidly changing world, companies need their staff to be flexible and agile. Employees who are excited to come to work are far more likely to adapt and try new things than their less motivated co-workers who don’t want to take on new responsibilities.
In fact, it is well documented that employees who lack motivation invariably have lower job satisfaction rates and lower productivity than those who are excited about boosting their performance.
In addition to boosting morale and energizing employees, skilled motivational speakers can share new techniques that will inspire them to aim higher and achieve more.
Successfully motivating your team begins with hiring the right motivational speaker. Here are a few points to consider as you search for a speaker who can deliver the biggest bang for your buck:
- Hire a motivational speaker who exudes their own high “go-getter” levels so they will grab your team’s attention as soon as they hit the stage or reach the podium.
- They should be someone your employees will be eager to learn from as they address the issues that are keeping the team unmotivated.
- They should be adept at teaching strategies and skills that rekindle your team’s motivation to keep them moving towards their goals
- Make sure they will provide your employees with the tools they will need to practice sustained, long-term motivating behaviors.
- They should be able to offer you more than a one-day shot in the arm
- Your speaker should be able to get inside your employees’ heads and uncover concerns they may not be comfortable sharing with you (their boss).
- They must be willing to spend some one-on-one time with your workers to ensure no stone is left unturned when it comes to offering the right kind of motivating advice
- You need to find someone who will have the maximum impact on your employees, and they won’t rest until they are sure they’ve reached everyone in the room.
- They need to have all the tools of the trade including listening and presentation skills
- Look for someone who is an experienced speaker that you can collaborate with and who’s persistent in working with your team until they are ready to stand on their own two feet
The right motivational speaker will have a significant impact on your employees and by extension, your bottom line. It’s important you carry out an appropriate amount of due diligence and follow the steps outlined above to make the exercise a “slam dunk.”