According to many leading motivational speakers, if you ask any successful sales professional or business owner for advice, there is a good chance they will quote someone who motivated them. Whether it be someone from history like Gandhi or the world of sports like Jackie Robinson, most people who share drive and success also share common heroes, mentors and motivators.
As espoused by top professional motivational and keynote speakers and certified virtual presenters all over the world, living by a creed or a personal constitution is a great way to make your life more meaningful. That being the case, finding a quote that inspires you is a great first step on this journey.
Here are eight of our favorite motivational quotes that you can quickly read through and pick from. You never know. You might just find one that will change your life!
1. “The unvarnished truth is that almost all the people you meet feel themselves superior to you in some way, and a sure way to their hearts is to let them realize in some subtle way that you recognize their importance and recognize it sincerely.”
– Dale Carnegie (Self-improvement writer and lecturer)
2. “All the breaks you need in life wait within your imagination. Imagination is the workshop of your mind, capable of turning mind energy into accomplishment and wealth.”
– Napolean Hill (Self-help author)
3. “If you can’t, you must. If you must, you can.”
– Anthony Robbins (Author, coach, speaker, and philanthropist)
4. “I will live this day as if it is my last. This day is all I have, and these hours are now my eternity. I greet this sunrise with cries of joy as a prisoner who is reprieved from death. I lift mine arms with thanks for this priceless gift of a new day.”
– Og Mandino (Bestselling author)
5. “Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.”
– Richard Carlson (Author, psychotherapist, and motivational speaker)
6. “For artists, scientists, inventors, schoolchildren, and the rest of us, intrinsic motivation — the drive to do something because it is interesting, challenging, and absorbing — is essential for high levels of creativity.”
– Daniel Pink (American author, TV producer and political speechwriter)
7. “Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result, but the cause, of fear. Perhaps the action you take will be successful; perhaps different action or adjustments will have to follow. But any action is better than no action at all.”
– Norman Vincent Peale (Minister and author)
8. “Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.”
– Steven Covey (Educator, author, businessman and keynote speaker)
Each of these quotes has the potential to inspire and motivate you. However, not every motivational quote will speak to all people. Find some quotes that ring true to you and paste them on your desktop or tack a sticky note to your wall at home. They will become an inspiration to you every day and help you live your life with more meaning.